Friday 7 June 2013

Cheap Thrills #1: Pineconing

Free stuff. Oh so good.
There's something satisfying about collecting cheap, useful things. Even better when the cheap, useful things are free. So I've decided to start a new tag called "cheap thrills" in case anyone else shares my fetish.

Today on a damp autumn day with dog in tow and multiple plastic bags, I embarked on a pineconing expedition. Nevermind that I already have a fruitful pinecone tree in my backyard. This is beside the point.

What is the point? Finding an even bigger pinecone that the last one you picked up. Returning home with a bulging bag of free stuff. Enjoying the fruits of your labour when you have a roaring fire to sit by.

And the bonus? Seeing my hyperactive 9-year-old "puppy" exhausted and happy on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment