Thursday 20 June 2013

A Re-Cap

Acro(batics) is a weird thing. After a huge spike in the first month of realising what I could do, I suddenly had one day where I could not do a handstand against a wall. No matter how much I threw myself into it, I'd come down again without even hitting the wall. It got to a point where I was actually wondering if I just had too much hair and if it was throwing my balance off.

I stopped trying (handstands, not acro) for about a month.

Today, after too much white flour and pizza, I told my lazy butt to get up there and do it again. And so I did. Again and again. The photo looks terrible but I'm really celebrating (as much as possible while upside-down). The feeling of talking yourself out of self-doubt and experiencing success must be pretty much on par with doing something for the very first time. It's not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment